1. Old Meeting, Tadley URC , aims to ensure that all young people, children and vulnerable adults are welcomed into a safe, caring, Christian environment with a happy and friendly atmosphere.
2. As one of its major activities, Old Meeting, Tadley URC, seeks to serve the needs of young people, children and vulnerable adults promoting holistic development.
3. In doing so, Old Meeting, Tadley URC takes seriously the welfare of all young people and children who come on to its premises or are involved in its activities. It seeks to ensure protection from abuse regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or belief. There should be informed diligence about dangers of abuse and thereby minimise the risk of harm.
4. Old Meeting, Tadley URC, is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with young people, children and vulnerable adults and providing supervision as necessary.
5. Old Meeting, Tadley URC is committed to maintaining good links with the statutory child care authorities. We should ensure that we keep up to date with national and local developments/guidelines relating to safeguarding issues. We should build constructive links with relevant statutory bodies.